Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Some Days I Just Don't Know...

We were outside, having a cigarette, and a young woman walked into the store. It was my turn, so I walked in after her, and asked the usual question: "Can I help you with anything ?" And it went downhill from there.

 - Oh, it's a bookstore ! (I could see the smiley face showing through
         her forehead)
- We like to think so. (Smile)
- You have books ! (Modified rapture)
- About 20,000. Are you looking for anything in particular ? (Bigger Smile)
- Are they new ?
- No, they're for the most part new-looking, but are generally used, 
        out-of-print or collectible. (Smile starting to fade)
- But they're all on shelves (I could see the amazed look showing through
        her forehead)
- We like it better that way. (Smile has faded)
- Oh. Then they're not in any order. (Out the door)



No comments:

Post a Comment