Monday, September 6, 2010

Phil the Idiot & Another Idiot !

I do buy books for my collections, upon occasion, off the Internet. The Internet Idiot below listed a book I wanted, so I tried to buy the book below:
Ghost Brigades First
Edition. Hard Cover. New/As New.

The book arrived, and it was not right.

Here’s the e-mail exchange that I had to go through:


Greyhound’s Books to Dealer:
Your item below arrived today - condition as advertised, but is
NOT/NOT a 1st edition, as advertised. It is a 7th printing, as
indicated by the number line on the copyright page.

Dealer to Greyhound’s Books
Dear Sir or Madam:
I have received your inquiry regarding the book. I no longer have the book
in my possession so I can not verify or deny what you are saying. I take
pictures of the outside of the book and have no reason to take pictures of
the inside.
Just to let you know I had only 1 copy of that book so there was not a mixup
in shipping.
I also shipped it via priority mail at my expense and you only paid for
regular mail.
I am a small time book seller and not an expert on isbn#. I try my best to
list the books as best as I can but I am by no means a expert on isbn's and
first editions and multiple printings, etc. After receiving your email I
went and looked this book up on other sites to see if I had made an error.
I have attached pdf files from amazon and abebooks and biblio.
I listed the book via the isbn# which on the other web sites is showing it
as a first edition. I did not realize there are several printing
and that
this could be an issue.
Please take a look at the attachment I have sent. The one from Abebooks
item 28 also shows this same year as a first edition and he also indicates
it as a later printing.

Dealer to Greyhound’s Books
Dear Sir or Madam
Did you get my last email?
What do you think about the info I send you?
Do you still want to send the book back?
I need the book returned before I can issue a refund. As per the info I
received from Biblio.

Greyhound’s Books to Dealer
1. The information you provided was a waste of time, both for you and
for me, as it was nothing but lame excuses and whining.
2. Yes, the book will be returned.
3. You incoherent e-mail to me will be forwarded to your selling venue
for their consideration of your abilities and trade knowledge.
4. i will leave a one word feedback: INCOMPETENT
5. Further, I will forward your e-mails to my professional colleagues
in the trade, for their information.
Very sincerely,
Greyhound's Books

Greyhound’s Books to listing site, Biblio
As I promised your lister, I am forwarding the e-mail exchanges to
that you might see the caliber of seller you are permitting to list on
your site. I realize that your business is profit-driven, but there
should be a minimal degree of competence that you require before you
permit this kind of person to avail themselves of your services.
I have left a one-word feedback on your site for this seller: INCOMPETENT.
Phil Greyhound
Greyhound's Books
Books of Worth in All genres
Las Vegas, Nevada

Fortunately, the listing site may have done the right thing:
Hello,
Thanks for forwarding that correspondence. We have been in touch with the bookseller regarding your return, and issues of the correct description of fist editions.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
With Regards,
Frieda Biblio Bookseller Support

Now you know why I refer to them as Internet Idiots. Be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment