Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A B(ad) A(ttitude) A(ppears)

I must admit, I applied for ABAA membership a number of years age, but couldn't get enough members to endorse me. Why ? Not because of the quality of our stock-in-trade, but because I'd built no buying relationship with my potential sponsors. As the late, great Mark Twain, or perhaps - it's disputable -  Groucho Marx said: I won't belong to any organization that would have me as a member. Today's question came in the e-mail from our colleague Ann DeVere at Plaza Books:


I ask you, how can a so-called ABAA dealer describe a book as follows?:
ISBN 0671626191
Simon & Schuster, 1990 1990; Cloth. First Edition. ISBN:0-671-62619-1. Very fine copy in a fine jacket. Wrinkle bottom panel. Library sticker and stamp front paste down. First Edition Fine Cloth Book; First Edition; 0671626191 Very Fine
(Fiction 0-671-62619-1)
Jeff Bergman Books ABAA/ILAB
[United States]

Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment