Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Resource For You

When I first went into the retail book business in a group shop in Silver Spring, Maryland, my master asked me if I would be willing to part with my collection of fine first editions. Evidently, I answered correctly - a resounding "Yes" - and from that point on, my home library has been a bunch of ratty copies of the books I like, and want to reread. Barbara's books are a different story. She has a very large collection of feline-related books, ranging from Lillian Jackson Braun's Cat Who... mysteries, through cat picture books, to cat health manuals. We moved here with one Greyhound and one cat. The Hound has left us, but we've added to the live cat complement, and are about to add one more rescued kitten to the menagerie.
Tomorrow, our latest kit will be taking a trip to Heaven Can Wait, a low-cost spay and neuter clinic. We're good parents, so we checked out the HCW facility this morning, and were greatly impressed - there were about fifteen cat carriers, all full, all with towels draped over them providing the inhabitants with a modicum of privacy and a minimum of opportunity to growl, hiss, mew and moan while they were waiting for the dreadful deed to be done, The folks there were super. You might, if you have the need or desire, visit their website Heaven CanWait.

No comments:

Post a Comment