Friday, December 24, 2010

Why Don’t You Buy Books in your Store ? Part III

Now we get to the aggravation of buying books in the store, and the questions that usually arise  from doing so:

1. Q: Can’t you give me more ?
     A: No, I’m trying to cheat you, because my whole life has been devoted to    
          cheating people. Especially widows and orphans.

                       This is a particularly aggravating question if
                        one is indulging in a “pity buy.”
2. Q: Why can’t you give me more money ?
     A: See above.
3. Q: Can’t you take them all, and give me just a little more ?
     A: See above.
4. Q: Why are you offering me so little money ?
     A: Ditto
5. Q: Which are the best books ?
     A: The ones I selected.
6. Q; Won’t anyone give me more ?
     A: Maybe. But, I’m responsible for MY business, not anyone else’s.
7. Q; Can’t you help me get back to California ?
     A: Only if you promise not to come back ! Here’s a buck, take your 
          books and go away.
To be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment